Select a Service
Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that stimulates the growth of collagen & elastin, leaving you with youthful – looking skin!
Now available at Fruition Skin Therapy!
Book your appointment now »
Time: 60-75 min
Cost: $249 each
Add on: Neck treatment add $50, Neck treatment & Decollete add $75
When: every 4-6 weeks
Click here for the Patient Consent form.
Please print and fill this form out prior to coming in for your Microneedling treatment. If you have any questions please call us at 604-904-8808
What is Microneedling?
Automated Microneedling ( also known as Epidermal Collagen Induction Therapy or ECIT) is a new innovation in esthetics medicine for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the improvement of the skin’s texture, tone and colour. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles. Eclipse MicroPen also creates micro-channels which allows topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in the deeper layers of the skin.
What are the benefits?
Reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, improved skin tone and texture and softer, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen. Your skin care professional will start with topical numbing cream, once the skin is numb, a topical saline will be applied based on your skins needs. Next, in a single motion the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What is the downtime?
Immediately after the treatment you will notice the skin will be red and flushed in appearance, comparable to a mild sunburn, but the redness should subside within a few hours. For the first week, you may notice dryness and experience mild flakiness.
When will I see results?
Clients will notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several weeks.
How many treatments will I need?
For optimal results, we recommend 2-3 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. For clients with more significant skin care concerns, such as acne scars, it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions in 6 week intervals.
- Effective results
- Minimal Downtime
- Minimal Discomfort
- Safe for most skin types
- Natural Results
Celebs who swear by Microneedling:
Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Naomi Watts and Mariah Carey
After your microneedling treatment:
- You could experience redness for up to 24 hours
- You may experience inflammation, itching, during & possible breakouts
- You may experience some swelling around the eye area
Post Procedure Instructions:
- Do not touch your face for a minimum of 4 hours
- Avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post-procedure
- Avoid washing your face after the treatment
- If the skin feels dry or tight, you may apply a hyaluronic acid serum after the initial 4 hours. (We recommend the BeautyPrep Hyaluronic Serum from Jane Iredale)
- Change your pillow case the day of the treatment
- Wipe down your phone and/or glasses with alcohol
- You can wash your face and wear makeup the next day, but it is recommended to wait 24 hours to apply makeup
- Apply a physical sunscreen of SPF30 or higher the next day (We recommend the Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF30)
- Make sure to wear a mineral based makeup, one that does NOT contain oils (We recommend Jane Iredale or Glo Minerals)
- Avoid applying skincare products containing active ingredients for at least 72 hours.
Other products we recommend after your treatment:
- Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
- Dermalogica Redness Relief Essence
- Dermalogica Calm Water Gel
Should you have any concerns at any time after your treatment please contact us or your health care professional.
Health Canada Approved